Tuesday, July 31, 2007

In Memoriam...

Over the past couple days, a few people have passed away. That, in itself, isn't remarkable. What is is that so many notable legends did. Bergman and Antonioni, two icons of cinema. Tom Snyder, a man who hosted the first show later than Johnny Carson's Tonight Show (and who did a remarkable interview with Angelina Jolie before she became the uber-celebrity she is now...I still remember it). However, the most notable person, at least in my life, that died yesterday was Mr. Bill Walsh. As the coach of my fave NFL team, the San Francisco 49ers, back when I was learning what the hell football was, he was the first "coach" I knew. When I think what defines a coach, I think of Bill Walsh. Many of my all-time sports heroes (Montana, Rice, Young) owe something to Walsh. Oh, and he did coach my alma mater as well...

Here's to you, Coach Walsh...

PG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home