Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Roger Federer Rocks

I know what you're thinking. Why is Phil writing another story about men's tennis and Roger Federer? Do people really care about tennis, let alone men's tennis? Why doesn't Phil write about women's tennis? Hell, that Maria Sharapova chick's hot.

Well, first of all, I love the game of tennis. Been playing since I was Maddie's age (that's my goddaughter whose picture graces this blog)...ok, maybe not for that long, but still you get what I'm saying. It's like boxing, only without the blood and bruises (This is only partially true...if you're like Boris Becker whose famous lunges on Centre Court in Wimbledon caused knee and elbow scrapes, then you can be bloodied by tennis). Mano y mano. It requires speed, strength, athleticism, and guts. It's a fantastic sport. It's a shame that more American kids are going into skateboarding, etc. rather than tennis. I love it.

Anyways, onto Roger Federer, the best tennis player in the world. He's awesome. He's got the best forehand I've ever seen (Sampras had a nasty one as well), but his game is so versatile. He can duke it out from the baseline or take it at net. That's why I root for him. I want to see this guy break records. He deserves it because he's so freakin' good.

So, congrats, Roger on yet another Wimbledon title...you rock, buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home